BOSS AND JHS PEDALS JOIN FORCES TO CREATE A NEW DRIVE PEDAL WITH MASSIVE TONAL RANGE
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS compact pedals, BOSS and JHS Pedals have come together in a historic creative collaboration between the two industry leaders. Housed in the classic BOSS compact design, the JB-2 Angry Driver pairs the tones of the iconic BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver with JHS Pedals’ popular Angry Charlie. Working closely together, the two pedal innovators have developed an all-new combined circuit with refined sound and performance perfectly tuned for dual-mode drive operation.
The JB-2 Angry Driver features three dual-concentric knobs that provide independent drive, tone, and level control for each overdrive type. Via a six-position mode selector, you can use each overdrive independently, or combine them together in series and parallel configurations. With the ability to blend the Blues Driver’s famously expressive low-to-mid gain tones with the Angry Charlie’s aggressive rock voice in any combination, the JB-2 Angry Driver delivers unmatched range and versatility from a single overdrive pedal.
- All-new overdrive pedal with massive tonal range, jointly developed by BOSS and JHS Pedals
- Combines the voices of the BD-2 Blues Driver from BOSS and Angry Charlie from JHS Pedals
- Three dual-concentric knobs provide independent drive, tone, and level control for each overdrive type
- Mode selector for choosing individual overdrive types, two series connections for stacking, or parallel connection for unique new sounds
- Also includes a mode for toggling between BOSS and JHS overdrives with the built-in pedal switch
- Remote switch jack for controlling pedal modes and bypass from an optional footswitch or effects switching system
- Multi-color LED indicator shows BOSS mode (blue), JHS mode (red), and both together (purple)
- BOSS five-year warranty
Two Industry Leaders Unite for the 40th Anniversary of BOSS Compact Pedals
The idea to develop the JB-2 pedal was born of the friendship between BOSS President Yoshi Ikegami and JHS Pedals founder Josh Scott, and their shared passion for innovative pedal design. The Blues Driver has long been a favorite pedal for Josh, and he credits it for leading him into designing his own pedals and starting his own company. “I got into pedals because, as a player, I used two Blues Drivers together for years and years. One day, one of them broke. I opened it up and realized it was just a simple soldering fix. It really sparked my curiosity and that just took over my life, and JHS pedals came into existence out of repairing that pedal.